Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Blogger Version Control

I had a second post up. Some of you may have seen it. Unfortunately, it no longer exists.

Google, in their inability to program, cannot handle version control. When I opened the blogger app on my iPhone, it pushed the version of the site it had stored internally to the server and completely overwrote everything, even the saved drafts. Only a few paragraphs of my post remain, and I am not rewriting it from almost scratch.

If you use blogger, STAY AWAY FROM THE IPHONE OR ANDROID BLOGGER APPS (I checked and there are reports that the android app is doing this too), unless you intend to use them exclusively. They are incompetently coded.

If you are from google and looking at this, try using filemtime if this is written on a PHP back end.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip. I won't bother trying to figure out how to post from my Android.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suggestion: Save all of your posts in a Word archive, so you can re-post them if anything gets "lost." While you're at it, be sure to save the comments in the same archive--you can do a search for what you, yourself, have published in a post, but Blogspot searches don't include comments, so you won't be able to find something that someone else has said on your blog.

    ReplyDelete